The goal of the Oakdale’s Community Garden is to provide a space for people in our community to grow nutritious produce and to provide educational opportunities that encourage gardening and community involvement.
Rules, Terms, and Conditions for Participation
I agree to abide by the following rules, terms and conditions for participation in the Oakdale Community Garden:
- Garden plot/box fees of $60 for adults and $20 for seniors (65+) will be collected at the time of contract signing. Renewal fees are due by March 1st of each year. Any fees not received by March 15th each year may forfeit their garden box to the next applicant. Fees are non-refundable.
- Weeds and or debris must be kept clear within and around your garden plot/box, including pathways around your plot/box.
- No plants that can be used as recreational or illegal drugs may be grown in the garden.
- Invasive plant species including but not limited to: mint, blackberries, and artichokes may not be grown in the community garden area.
- Pumpkins, squash, pole beans and other trellis crops may be grown but must be contained within your designated plot or box. Tomato cages and bean poles are acceptable.
- Extra produce may be shared or given away, but not sold on property. Do not pick from other boxes other than your own without permission.
- Only approved fertilizer or soil may be used in the garden area and must be approved by garden staff.
- Water must never be left on unattended.
- Consult community garden staff prior to applying any pesticides or herbicides for approval of use.
- No use of alcohol, use of illegal and recreational drugs, or loud music.
- No fires, fireworks, or firearms are permitted.
- Pets are allowed in the designated area only. Pets shall be leashed and the owners must clean up after them.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. The adult is responsible for their behavior and compliance with the rules and policies.
- Each community garden member is asked to volunteer 5 hours each year to help maintain the garden grounds. Please look for sign-up requests on the Community Garden bulletin board or the Community Garden website.
- Smoking and chewing tobacco are not permitted. Chemicals in these products are hazardous to plants.
- For your safety, the Community Garden will only be open during daylight hours, unless there is a specific event planned.
- Please report theft, vandalism and unusual activities to the garden staff or is appropriate to the police.
Non-compliance with the rules, terms, and conditions is cause for exclusion from the garden and loss of your plot. Failure to maintain your box or plot will result in a “Notice to Comply.” Corrective action shall take place within 10 days, or the assigned plot/box may be forfeited. No refunds will be issued for any forfeitures.
The Oakdale Community Garden and Oakdale Garden Club (OGC) may take photos, videos, or other visual and audio recording which may be included on the internet and social media platforms. By signing this agreement, you are consenting to the use of those mediums of you, accompanying minors, and your guests participating in the community garden. If you do not want to be included, please notify garden staff.
I have read and understand the application and accept these rules, terms, and conditions stated above for the participation in the Oakdale Community Garden. I realize that the Oakdale Garden Club and Oakdale Community Garden is not responsible for any injuries, damages, or losses that occur on the property.